Associate Transport Planner (Birmingham)
Due to continued growth within this sector, WYG need an ambitious and experienced transport professional to join the team as soon as possible in order to help us deliver on our growing private and public sector transport workload. You will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting projects across the UK and internationally.
You will support the Director by providing technical input to projects and supporting the team to deliver what is expected. You will prepare reports and drawings and interface with clients and other professionals.
Using your experience, you will assist with work winning for example through bid preparation and fee proposals, you will mentor and support junior staff and be proactive in keeping up to date with current practices, guidelines etc. in our field. You will undertake site visits, attend client meetings and conduct occasional traffic surveys where required.
As part of your role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers and therefore you must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- In order to be successful in this role, the successful applicant must have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
- Ideally educated to degree level (or other equivalent qualification) in a relevant numerate subject, and a transport masters degree and ideally, a member of a relevant professional body either Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
- It is anticipated that you will have experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plan reports, Transport scheme design and appraisal with knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice including DMRB and MfS.
- You should be able to analyse data then collate and interpret it.
- You will be expected to manage projects for technical, programming and financial matters, plus having the ability to create and develop client relationships including widening our client base.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic transport modelling, or prior experience of using SATURN and VISUM software would be desirable along with knowledge of AutoCAD, Auto Track and GIS being desirable.
- Knowledge and use of software packages, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, TUBA, PARAMICS, VISSIM and TRICS would also prove beneficial.
- Knowledge and use of WebTAG would also prove beneficial.
- You will have worked in the UK for at least 5 years, understanding the planning process and how your work fits into that.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75242321