JOB TITLE: Operations Manager - Electrical Compliance
BASED (REGION/OFFICE): National Coverage - Birmingham based
A Operations Manager is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to be based in Birmingham and able to be mobile nationally.
BRIEF DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
To act as the main point of contact for the department with the key client representatives for all issues relating to performance and profitability. To identify opportunities and to add more value to providing additional / alternative services and methods of delivery. To ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures and provide continuous improvement and evaluation of internal and external procedures and processes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Health & Safety and Environmental compliance.
• Establish and maintain the consistent operational service level to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for the management of the department Profit and Loss account.
• Development of company service offering, particularly project work to all business units within the company.
• Innovative management to meet changing business or operational circumstances.
• Ensuring that Incident, Operational and Financial Management Reports are submitted in the agreed format, on a timely basis and in line with the reporting dates and contract requirements.
• General support and advice concerning any contract issues.
• Maintaining the image and brand of the company
• Provide support and develop a team environment for direct reports.
• Inform the Regional Operations Director of all contract issues that are likely to impact internally or externally on the company.
• Management of Contract Managers.
• Full understanding of contract requirements.
• Staff induction and training.
• Attendance of internal and external meetings as required.
• Ensure Contract Quality Plan is adhered to and any new policies, procedures and change processes agreed are implemented to improve operational performance.
• Overall management of the process for procuring services from direct staff and third parties on behalf of the company.
• Produce and implement a programme of Customer satisfaction surveys.
• Ensure property surveys are undertaken on a regular basis and feedback is acted upon promptly and effectively.
• Ensure that a high quality, professional and courteous service is delivered at all times.
• Implement any change process agreed to improve operational performance.
• Conduct annual appraisal / review of all principal personnel and sub-contractors engaged by the department.
• Review progress of PPM completed against planned as required.
• Ensure all statutory inspections are completed in accordance with the annual programme and in accordance with the Contract.
• Review all reactive works and response at least monthly.
• Visit all department sites annually.
• Management of the invoicing process.
• Debt Management.
• Liaise with sales & purchase ledger department as required.
• Develop training and development programme.
• Department meetings.
• Act as focal point for the HR management for the department.
• Competent working knowledge of Electrical Compliance.
• Minimum of five years previous Managerial experience.
• Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
• IOSH Managing Safely.
• Health & Safety training.
• Understanding of Quality Management systems.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS:
• Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high levels of operational performance.
• Ability to understand the key financial, labour and material variables within the Contract budgets in order to maximise the return for the company.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to cost effectively surprise and manage resources available to achieve a high level of service.
• Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements.
• Ability to build positive relationships in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from the relationships.
• Good knowledge of information technology, Windows, spreadsheets, keyboard skills etc.
• Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment.
• Ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure.
• Commitment to providing a high quality service and willing to work flexibly and as a member of a team.
• Scrupulous and reliable.
• Driving licence
• Compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Compliance with smoking, alcohol and drug free company policy.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required.
SALARY: Competitive package
If you are an experienced Operations Manager with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.