JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
BASED (REGION/OFFICE): Birmingham (Midlands area)
This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company.
A vacancy has arisen for a working Maintenance Supervisorto operate from the Birmingham office supporting the Contract Manager in maintaining and developing the services capability and co-ordinate the daily operations of associated works. This post requires both engineering duties & office responsibilities; you will be expected to balance your tasks to provide both technical & field support to engineers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health & Safety and Environmental compliance
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and carry out tool box talks
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information to report to the Contract Managers as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. Labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Co-ordinate all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the PPM and reactive work requirements and organising the mobile team in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend or manage emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required.
- Carry out Site supervisory visits and audits to ensure quality and completion of work is at the required standard
- Co-ordinate and manage all preferred subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Contract Managers when required, i.e. holidays, sickness
- Carry out timesheet approval for operatives when required.
- Plan and co-ordinate, liaise with help desk Manager for all aspects of the duty Engineers, out of hours call out rota
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Undertake site surveys and prepare quotations/information for additional works/repairs.
- In conjunction with the relevant Contract Managers, assist in annual performance reviews with direct report Engineers.
- Maintain staff moral and motivation of all direct reports in support of the Operations Manager
- Identify and develop any specific training requirements for direct reports in area.
- Produce and submit weekly labour work allocation planner and review progress of completed works both PPM & Reactive works.
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications within Building Services or equivalent
- Desirable qualifications include:
- ACS/CORGI HNC - Mechanical / Electrical, 17th Edition IEE
- C & G Refrigerant Safe Handling
- C & G Electrical Inspection & testing
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Competent knowledge of building services & building fabric
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Practical experience within the building industry
- Health and Safety experience
- Experience within similar supervisory role
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Ability to develop a good understanding of the customers’ business requirements
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken
- High standard of workmanship
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High personal grooming standards
- Commitment to providing a high quality service and willing to work flexibly
- Overtime when required
- Driving licence
- Compliance with company and site procedures
- Compliance with smoking, alcohol and drug free company policy
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Maintenance Supervisorwith a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.