Nexus Fostering is a well-established and highly regarded fostering agency. Set up in 2002 by qualified and experienced social workers, Nexus Fostering continues to be owned and run by the same founding team today. We place a high premium on the quality of support and care we provide to every one of our foster carers and, in turn, the children and young people placed with them.
We are delighted that this has been recognised by the Government's inspection body, Ofsted, with an award of 'Outstanding', the highest standard of excellence.
The placements officer will respond to placement requests and identify placements and service solutions. They will also develop and maintain relationships with Local Authority Placement teams, promote vacancies and undertake other associated administration roles to ensure that the highest possible standard of appropriate placements are found for children and young people who are referred to Nexus Fostering. There will be a small element of sales to the role, however this is not the hard sell you have with most roles it is mainly about starting and maintaining relationships to ensure our expected standard of operational excellence.
- Receive referrals and make appropriate matching decisions and record relevant information concerning children and young people on the company's database
- In consultation with the directors ensure that each child or young person is carefully matched with a carer capable of meeting their needs.
- Meticulously maintain our database of information relating to referrals, customers, children, young people, and foster carers.
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding the placements of our children and young people and ensure that all relevant agreements are obtained and completed.
- Obtain funding agreements and complete Local Authority Contracts.
- Liaise with Local Authority customers to promote Nexus Fostering
- Actively Participate in monthly supervision
- Maintain the system for recording Local Authority details
- Due to the nature of our business you must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people at all times
- Empathy and understanding is a must alongside and impeccable telephone manner
- Experience in a similar environment is desired although not essential
- Some sales experience would be advantageous although it is not about the hard sell more about the relationships.
- Experience of utilising a wide range if IT packages including word, excel and outlook is essential
- Being able to communicate to people at all levels and all walks of life is an ABSOLUTE MUST
- Be able to process distressing, sensitive and confidential information in a professional and empathetic manner.
- It is ESSENTIAL to have strong administration and SALES SKILLS although this would be more of the "soft sell" and be able to work with absolute confidentiality and attention to detail.
Interviews are to be held on the 7th August 2017