Social Media Coordinator
Global media leader with a highly prominent finance events department comprises a team of dedicated sector experts specialising in providing cutting-edge, strategic and impartial information to top-level business executives all over the world. The company operates across a diverse range of industries and markets including: FinTech, Derivatives, Risk Management and Capital Markets; Investment; Strategy & Marketing; Corporate & Project Finance & Energy.
In addition, our client has painstakingly developed an unparalleled portfolio of market driven conferences; reports; seminars; practical workshops; master classes, briefings; summits; and discussion roundtables all of which deliver timely and industry critical information.
Overview of position:
We are recruiting for a bright, innovative and articulate Social Media Coordinator to build and maintain social media engagement strategies for a wide range of portfolios.
The social media coordinator will oversee the execution of all social media campaigns for some of the biggest conferences serving the global financial services industry. While a background in financial services is not required, an understanding of the commercial B2B applications and power of social media would be highly regarded. The successful applicant will be required to stay abreast of new social media trends in the B2B space, and provide suggestions on how to develop social media strategies to build audience engagement.
In addition to managing the execution of social media campaigns and monitoring trends, the social media executive will be required to work with third-party applications to develop strategies for social listening, social influencer, and lead generation campaigns. As the social media coordinator will be managing LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts for up to 8 different brands, key to success in this role is the ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines. An understanding of or experience in designing basic graphic assets for social media will also be highly regarded, but not essential.
- Bachelor's level education or equivalent, specialisation in digital media, marketing, or communications advantageous (but not a requirement)
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong digital literacy
- Strong understanding social media best practice
- Strong understanding of the use of various social platforms for B2B engagement, including LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and blogs
- Demonstrable experience in the commercial applications of social media
- Confident, friendly manner and ability to work well within a close-knit team as well as autonomously
- Strong communication skills, both online and in-person
- Must be self-motivated and able to handle multiple competing deadlines, often in a pressurized environment
- Excellent verbal, presentation and listening skills
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge