My client is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to support the Financial Controller in all elements of the finance department at their Midland Technical Centre.
- Daily cashbook
- Managing mail in/out and filing
- Processing employee expenses and credit card claim forms
- Supporting A/P with processing of purchase invoices and performing supplier statement reconciliations
- Printing and sending sales invoices
- Supporting month end process (preparing and processing journals, uploading transaction data to reporting system)
- Dealing with intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Administrate the timesheet system for completeness and accuracy in upload to ERP system
- Support Finance Controller with the preparations of Management Accounts and issue to directors
- Provide support through ad hoc reporting, data analysis, support through year end and audit, etc.
- Have completed or be studying towards AAT.
- Energy and enthusiasm to improve and develop business processes.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload flexibly to support the business requirements.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.?
- Confident communicator able to deal with internal stakeholders in Finance and Operational from all parts of the business as well as external stakeholders with auditors, suppliers and customers.
- Can do attitude.
- Prior work experience in a busy Finance office.
- Experience of using ERP systems, specifically BAAN.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.