A unique opportunity has arisen to join the team here at Dudmaston. If you have a passion for food and stories, enjoy working with fresh local ingredients, enjoy creating unique local dishes, thrive on leading and inspiring a team and want to work in one of the most beautiful places in Shropshire then read on.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal installments over the year.
What it's like to work here
Enchanted wooded parkland, sweeping gardens and a house with a surprise, Dudmaston is something unexpected in the Shropshire countryside. A much loved home for over 875 years. The gardens provide amazing vistas and tranquillity while the orchard is the perfect place to relax and for the children to let off steam. For more stunning views and getting up close to nature head to Big Pool and Dingle woods, while the wider estate provides extensive walking routes for year round enjoyment.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Catering Manager to take charge of our food and beverage operations that include the current tea-rooms, a future outdoor/remote offer, bakery and event planning. To work across the property to utilise our local grown produce, share our stories and move, teach and inspire our members and visitors. This is a unique chance to put your stamp on our operation and shape the next evolution in our development.
Dudmaston opens Sunday to Thursday from March to November and this is a full time permanent position.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful in the role you'll need to have:
- Experience as a leader of people, managing teams of regular staff, seasonal staff and volunteers
- The ability to inspire your teams to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to identify new opportunities and make strategic decisions for the future of your department
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with other Heads of Department at the property
- Excellent people management skills.
- Experience of working with financial budgets, as well as financial targets to meet
- Experience supervising teams - rota's, managing absence, giving feedback
- Competent with the use of computer systems
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking