Our client designs, assembles and commissions a wide range of bespoke machinery, automation systems & test equipment for the automotive, aerospace, and general manufacturing industries.
They are currently recruiting for a Mechanical/Electrical Fitter who is needed for a growing engineering design and manufacturing business to take on a supervisory role.
All jobs are unique and built to the specifications of our multi-national customers & due to the nature of our projects, no two days will be the same. The position will be workshop based, with some requirement to visit customer sites to commission or maintain our machines, as necessary.
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering background have either a mechanical or electrical bias, ideally a mixed knowledge of mechanical & electrical would be perfect.
Must be able to understand Electrical/Mechanical drawings and assemble small electrical cabinets.
You will need a technical understanding of the machines and specifications as you will deal with the Process Engineers that will discuss their needs.
You will be an important member of a close-knit team, responsible to a project manager for ensuring that each machine is built to the required completion date, and more generally for ensuring that the workshop is well managed, properly equipped, and kept clean, tidy and safe. The company is committed to personal development and currently has three junior staff on formal apprenticeships. You should be someone that these young engineers can learn from and look up to.
• Layout & building electrical control panels including PLC, motors, inverter /servo drives,
• Wiring special purpose machines control systems,
• Mechanical fitting experience from any industry,
• Excellent drawing reading skills, both mechanical and electrical,
• Ability to make decisions based upon the information available to continue the machine build,
• Able to prioritise several projects at once and meet deadlines,
• Deliver results,
• Focus on solutions,
• Maintain records to ISO 9001 during the machine build,
• Ensure the high quality of the product.
• Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems,
• Knowledge electrical circuits & systems single / three phase,
• Able to operate workshop machines, turning, milling etc,
• Forklift license,
• Training will be given where necessary for the successful candidate.
Salary: GBP24,000 - GBP25,000 p/a