TRAINEE IN BUILDING PRESERVATION
TRAINEE IN BUILDING PRESERVATION - NEWCASTLE
Peter Cox Preservation* are the UK's market leader in building preservation including damp proofing, waterproofing, timber preservation and wall stabilisation. Although we don't provide the most glamorous of services, this is certainly essential for ALL of our customers, and to make sure service happens, we are a government accredited learning organisation that delivers training, qualifications and opportunities to its valued colleagues.
Right now we are recruiting for practical minded trainees who will join us on a three year programme and learn trades such as Joinery, Plastering, Damp Proofing and Building Preservation
Day to Day you will learn and carry out tasks such as:
- Stripping and replacing timber floors, door frames, architraves, windows and doors
- Fitting cladding, plasterboard metal lath systems and kitchen units
- Removing and refitting radiators, take out kitchen sink base units and re-fixing, removing and re-fixing WC
- There is an element of plastering involved in this role so if you enjoy and want to develop your plastering skills this would be extremely advantageous
- Initially working with a mentor or in a small team, shadowing and learning from colleagues who are experienced Technicians or Surveyors
- Meeting a wide range of our customers to develop your communication and customer service skills
Do you have what it takes?
The successful applicant will have a keen desire to learn a trade such as Joinery, Plastering, Damp Proofing and Building Preservation.
It would be advantageous to possess the following skills/experience
- Full UK Driving License (no more than 6 points)
- Can do attitude, positive outlook and friendly demeanour
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a practical role where you "get your hands dirty"
- Ability to work at heights and confined spaces
- A decent standard of physical fitness. You do not have to be an Olympic level athlete but a decent degree of fitness/manual dexterity is essential
- Be keen to learn, punctual and professional
What we offer in return..
- A competitive trainee salary package - GBP15,000 per annum
- Regular bonuses and performance incentives
- Industry Recognised Qualification in Customer Service (apprentice level) - Year 1
- Recognised City & Guilds qualifications - Year 2 & 3
- Rentokil Rewards (includes cash-back and discounts on multiple retailers)
- An excellent starting point and grounding for building a lasting and profitable career
- Job stability and growth within a recognised Brand Leader
- Opportunity to progress into Sales Surveyor and Manager roles, as a number of our technicians have.
This will be a demanding role to begin with however all of our current employees agree that you get out what you put in! Hear what your colleagues say about us on Glassdoor.com!
We're a government accredited learning organisation, so if you are career driven and want to progress, the good news is we like to promote from within. Alternatively if you want to come in, work hard, go home, we will still value your contribution to the company.