Design Engineer - Custom Vehicles
Our client who is a specialist in their field of customised vehicles require an experienced Design Engineer with experience of Solidworks & Autocad for this position in Warwickshire.
We are seeking a competent Solidworks Design Engineer to produce clean sheet ground up designs of complete vehicles/vehicle assemblies, predominantly rail/track based, including producing 3D models and assembly drawings for manufacture. The right candidate will have a true passion for engineering, engineering DNA and will be working within a small team, having a wide scope of responsibility and experience.
- Using Solidworks & Autocad to design complete leisure transport vehicles
- Internal combustion and electrical propulsion systems
- Basic levels of proof of design to support clean sheet ground up engineering to demonstrate design fit for purpose either through calculation or FEA
- Knowledge of FMEA techniques
- Experience of Design for Manufacture and Assembly
- Working in partnership with external designers and suppliers to ensure best fit to project requirements
- Working to drawing control procedures including managing the master drawing pack
- Present and explain design proposals to management team and key stakeholders
- Analyse and evaluate to choose the best design solution
- Assess required material and component specifications from suppliers to meet project design requirements
- Ensure design compliance with relevant national and international standards and legislation including health & safety
- Solid engineering background in whole vehicle/custom vehicle design and build
- Be an expert in the use of SolidWorks 3D CAD, Simulation, PDM and AutoCAD 2D
- Experience with high quality design drawings
- Experience with design for manufacture and assembly drawings
- Formal engineering qualification
- High degree of general computer fluency & literacy
- Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm
- Friday 8am - 1pm
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.