Cleaners- Part-time (x 4) - North Shropshire College
The College will only accept applications submitted on the College Application Form (attached)
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
Responsible for the effective and safe cleaning of College premises as instructed. Areas to be cleaned include classrooms, offices, workshops, laboratories, corridors, toilets, refectory area, student accommodation etc. Some areas are partly carpeted, and so cleaning will be assisted by the use of machinery.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:-
- Carrying out the cleaning of that area of the College premises specified by College Management in the manner and to the standard laid down by them.
- Reporting deficiencies in cleaning materials and faulty equipment promptly.
- Carrying out the work in the agreed periods and keeping good time.
- Paying special attention to health and safety relating to cleaning duties.
- Carrying out any other reasonable cleaning related duties as they may arise.
- Some moving of tables and chairs.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the line manger
The post holder is expected to act at all times in manner that encourages equality of opportunity for all Students, Staff and Visitors to the College and also to adhere to their responsibilities as required to ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to work and study.
Further details on both these issues can be found in the College Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy which are widely available including in College libraries and on the College Intranet.
A Disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be a requirement of employment. Please note that a record of a conviction may not automatically prevent a candidate from receiving an unconditional offer of employment.
Ideally the post holder would take pride in the appearance of the College premises and have the following qualities:
- sufficiently robust health to carry out general cleaning duties
- be able to work to instructions, sometimes alone and within reasonable time limits
- be able to work well with colleagues
- be able to work in a flexible manner
- be able to interact in a friendly but professional manner with young people