UKI Assurance - Audit Senior/Assistant Manager
Are you good at seeing the bigger picture? Then join EY for experiences that will last a lifetime.
There has never been a better time to join EY. We are growing, winning new clients across all of our service lines and offering unrivalled opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in a collegiate, flexible working environment.
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
As an auditor in UK&I Assurance, your main aim will be to provide an independent view on our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses reflect their financial picture accurately, which in turn protects financial markets.
The nature and extent of our client-base and locations throughout the UK & Ireland means you will work on a portfolio that will reflect your existing experience and your future potential. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations. The opportunity to develop as an individual in audit means the experience you gain is unrivalled from day one.
Your client responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Fully or partially qualified ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW / ICAS or equivalent international qualifying body) - preferably with first time passes
- Significant external audit experience (at least 2 years) in a professional services environment
- Proven experience in the external auditing of complex multi-entity clients in commerce & industry under IFRS
- Experience in / knowledge of UK or US GAAP and/or SOX404 reporting would be advantageous though not essential
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.