Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University School of Health combines the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of a professional environment. Offering hands-on, practice-based programmes, we integrate theoretical and practical studies within a clinical setting. BPP University School of Health provides higher education in psychology, nursing, chiropractic, dentistry and health and social care.
What you’ll do
The postholder has overall responsibility for the academic administration of the undergraduate dentistry programmes (BDOS), supporting the Programme Leader/Director of Programmes and liaising with all University central functions as required.
These are the key responsibilities of the job; on occasion the post holder may be required to undertake other duties.
- Academic administrative support to the Programme Leader/Director to facilitate the smooth running and operation of the programme
- Dealing with all administrative matters relating to students and academic staff on the programmes
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary
- Coordinate the students’ clinical sessions, placements and activities as required
- To maintain academic and personal records of all students in liaison with Student Records
- To maintain the computerised database
- To liaise with the admissions officer concerning applications for the courses and advise on entry requirements
- Responsible for overseeing the student admissions process in liaison with domestic and international Admissions
- In liaison with the Director of Programmes/Programme Leader, ensure that all paperwork is prepared and updated in advance of the admissions process at the relevant point each year, to include:
- Draft letters
- Student contracts
- Student handbooks
- Student Information Pack
3. Take the lead in organising the Induction day for each new first year group, and also any other 'first day of term’ activities for other year groups in liaison with marketing
- In liaison with the Academic Staff, ensure that all paperwork and materials are ready in preparation for the student tutorial sessions, and that all downstream activities are completed promptly.
- Create procedures as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the position’s area of responsibility
- Take the lead in producing the academic and clinical timetable under the direction of the Programme Leader
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning prospective and existing student information at all times
- Any other programme-related, or student-related duties that may be assigned.
COORDINATION OF CLINICAL ACTIVITIES
- Coordinate the clinical sessions and placements for students as required
- Ensure that all students have the required health and other regulatory checks prior to involvement in clinical environment
- Communicate effectively with the University collaborator/s for clinical placements
- Support the students in submitting the clinical activities on the University’s VLE systems
- Manage the students’ clinical cases submitted for assessment
- To liaise with BPP University to ensure the implementation of their procedures.
- To support the Programme Leader/Director in their work, especially with regard to lecturer and student liaison.
- To prepare for the efficient and professional delivery of the student tutorial sessions.
- To act as minuting secretary to committees, as required.
The postholder must:
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative
- Be able to prioritise workloads and to work under pressure.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an awareness of confidentiality issues
- Be organised and self-motivated
- Be computer literate in standard computing packages & the internet
A knowledge of, or experience in, an educational establishment would also be an advantage.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check