Position: Property Manager
Section: Property Management
Capita Real Estate is a leading provider of Property Management services throughout the UK. We are dedicated to providing a high quality service which has been successful in securing a large client base and we currently manage in excess of £20bn worth of property.THE ROLE
- Client focused role to ensure accurate and timely delivery of service.
- Managing a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Actively manage own client contacts to ensure the service under the management contract is delivered including maximising any bonus fees.
- Provide lease management advice and manage tenants within the confines of leases to maximise tenant satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of client reporting to ensure accurate high quality information is issued to clients within the strict contract deadlines.
- Ensure that all properties managed perform to their best ability with a view to maximising income/capital value throughout the portfolio.
- Accurate service charge budgeting, authority for tendering of service contracts (led by In-house Facilities Management Procurement Team), budgetary control of properties and timely conclusion of reconciliations/recharges to tenants
- Overseeing of Facilities Manager to ensure that all Health & Safety legislation is complied with including annual Health & Safety Audits, Fire Risk Assessments, Asbestos Surveys and compliance with relevant Disability Discrimination Act legislation
- Database management in liaison with management accounts including bought ledger and cashiers to ensure that the management database is always up to date, downloading of reports such as arrears, key lease dates, expenditure and service charge analysis
- Maintenance of service charge, repair and key lease date diaries to ensure full landlord and tenant compliance
- The approval processed by FM, and arrangement of funding, in order to ensure that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner through our in-house work flow system SIA
- Close interaction with tenants to establish the status of their businesses/covenant strength and response to any queries raised
- The processing of all applications received from tenants including applications to underlet/assign or for alterations to demised premises including providing recommendations to clients
- Instructing and consulting with clients external agents including solicitors, planning consultants, building surveyors, licensing and rating specialists on their behalf
- Attendance at monthly or quarterly client meetings, preparation for meetings etc
- Wherever possible seeking asset management opportunities/angles for maximising income within the client's portfolio
- Full compliance with Capita Symonds Real Estate's in-house Quality Assurance procedures
- Co-ordination with other divisions within Capita Symonds Real Estate as lead client manager including Building Consultancy, Rating, Agency, Landlord & Tenant and Investment.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet customer expectations for an expanding portfolio.
- Have an awareness of financial management for service charges and budgeting on multi-let properties.
- Good management skills for dealing with facilities management and on site staff.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Awareness of opportunities to improve profitability and efficiency.
- Previous experience in commercial Property Management, especially on multi-let office schemes.
- MRICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- Team Player
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.