Project Manager - Permanent - Tier 2 Main contractor
£50,000 - £60,000 + Car + Benefits
Bromsgrove - Gloucester - Oxford, Triangle
This is a career opportunity for an experienced Construction Project Manager to work for an established Tier 2 main contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality new build & refurbishment projects. The company is a fast growing and highly regarded business, typically working on new build projects between £5Million and £15Million across Commercial, Industrial and Care Homes projects, but potentially up to £30Million.
The role - Project Manager
You will be an experienced Project Manager who can report in to a Contracts Director and manage the day to day activities on a £5-10Million+ new build project. You will be supported by an established team consisting of Site Manager, Foreman and Commercial suppport.
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on new build construction projects in excess of £5Million. You will reside within the Bromsgrove - Gloucester - Oxford triangle and be prepared to travel within this area. You will ideally be Degree qualified in Construction Manager, Trade Qualified in Carpentry or a mixture of both would be advantageous. You will have recently worked for a larger regional Main Contractor or National Builder on non-residential New Build projects.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on
All applications will be dealt with the strictest confidence and we have a non-discrimination policy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75321004