Health and Safety Advisor
Our client is a major UK and Global manufacturing company. They are currently looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis. If you are a NEBOSH qualified Health and Safety professional with excellent attention to detail, then this a great the opportunity to join a top blue chip company.
You will be responsible for controlling all Safety related issues for the manufacturing plant, helping to maintain a safe working environment for employees. Ensuring compliance with necessary standards and legislation, including Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is key to the role.
• Managing policy to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant UK H&S legislation
• Play an active role in maintaining the corporate Health & Safety audit system
• Training and auditing are integral duties required to make the whole workforce aware of and able to fulfil H&S responsibilities.
• Carry out Emergency evacuation exercises and take the lead when required
• Conducting project work, covering a range of areas including Health and Safety initiatives
• Provide cover for the H&S Manager whenever required (meetings, escalation cover Etc.)
• Conducting daily safety observations in order to identify any unsafe acts/conditions
• Challenging any employee safety non-compliances
• Carrying out and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH
• Maintaining the sites incident database and ensuring that root cause analysis is carried out for all safety incidents including corrective actions
• Qualified to NEBOSH certificate level 3.
• You will have a proven track record for collecting and analysing data and the ability to use it to create clear & targeted action plans.
• Logical thinking and problem solving ability.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about Health & Safety with a can do attitude.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to manage your own workload in a fast paced environment and good organisational skills.
• Have a good working knowledge and understanding of current H&S legislation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75326767