Community Engagement Manager
Are you an experienced marketing professional with expertise in community engagement? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Community Engagement Manager and they want to hear from you!
At the business, they believe their people are their business. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining the team as a Community Engagement Manager, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Free parking
• Access to the company rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
• Access to their Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
• Training and development opportunities
This role is based from their offices in Solihull.
Who are they looking for?
As their ideal Community Engagement Manager, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar role. You will have expert knowledge of community and stakeholder engagement and also of legislative and political landscape that affects businesses. You will be educated to degree level and ideally have some professional marketing qualification. You will also require experience of:
• Working within a busy press office
• Managing and leading response to crises
• Writing for varied audiences on multiple channels including social media/web
• Building relationships with journalists and working with the media on issues
• Managing electronic communications
• Copywriting, proofing, editing (photo/video/text)
• Social media experience and social analytics tools knowledge
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Community Engagement Manager, you will work with the Land and Natural Resources and Development teams to gain visibility of the planning and development pipeline ensuring appropriate communications and engagement support is in place. On a daily basis this will involve:
• Managing a roster of agencies
• Setting up processes and templates to ensure that best practice activities are rolled out
• Ensuring strategic, ongoing community engagement
• Advising on how best to capture and record activities delivered through the Community Engagement Plans
• Understanding escalation processes for issues and opportunities
• Understanding stakeholder mapping, and the varied range of stakeholders that the business is required to engage with.
• Managing positive relationships with communications teams within key stakeholder groups
• Maintaining strong understanding of the legislative and political landscape
• Supporting the delivery and development of company communications channels including social media content creation
• Drive measurement and continuous improvement in all activities
The business is the UK`s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country`s long term future.
If you share their values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil their vision, they would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Community Engagement Manager!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.