Finance Business Partner
ob Title: Retail Finance Business Partner
Department: Retail Finance
Line Manager: Financial Controller
Overview of role:
This is an exciting and dynamic finance role in the largest trading business of Greene King. The combined retail business accounts for sales of well over £1.7bn with c. 1800 managed pubs.
The core of the role will be to business partner one of the three Business Units within Greene King Retail - Locals Division, providing detailed financial and commercial analysis to assist operators in decision-making. In addition, it will be important to proactively develop best practice across the retail finance function and work efficiently and effectively as a wider team.
- To report to and support the Financial Controller by providing analysis and insight to the business, ensuring key commercial information is communicated effectively in order to aid understanding and support decision making.
- To be the dedicated Business Partner for a Business Unit within the Local Pubs division, supporting the Business Unit Director (BUD) and a team of Business Development Managers (BDM).
- To proactively interpret the financial performance of your Business Unit and work alongside the Operations team (BUDs and BDMs) to maximise the profitability of the Locals business.
- To assist the Financial Controller in ensuring that all business decisions have financial integrity and investigate associated risks and opportunities.
- To be accountable for the reported financial performance of your Business Unit, ensuring accuracy and robustness of the accounts alongside the communication of this to the Operations team.
- To play a key role in the annual planning and budgeting process, requiring effective communication and engagement with various teams across the business.
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification desirable
- Strong spreadsheet and modelling skills
- Experience of providing financial support and challenge within Operations and Commercial functions
- Sound commercial acumen - being cost aware and seizing commercial opportunities - understanding the business requirements and challenges it faces
- Excellent analytical skills to assimilate, understand and provide insight on key pieces of financial information
- Confident in decision making and ability to deliver key financial and commercial messages successfully
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Well organised, with strong attention to detail
- Clear communicator, both written and in person
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities