Spanish/Italian Speaking Financial Accountant
Butler Rose is currently working in partnership with a highly successful business based in Birmingham who have an immediate requirement for a Spanish and/or Italian speaking Financial Accountant
About the role
Working as part of the European Statutory Compliance team you'll help to ensure the company is compliant with local statutory accounts and tax regulations within the numerous countries in which they operate.
As a fluent Spanish or Italian speaker you will work closely with colleagues across Europe and external advisors to ensure that the statutory accounts and tax returns are submitted to the relevant authorities within agreed deadlines.
You will also be the main point of contact for any local tax audits.
The main responsibilities include:
- Conversion of the US Gaap trial balance at year end into a statutory trial balance
- Preparation of the annual accounts in close co-operation with external advisors
- Planning and managing the statutory audit process for your companies
- Preparation of and submission of all tax returns in close co-operation with external advisors
- Preparation of tax calculations supporting the tax accruals in US Gaap
- Ensuring all tax declarations and payments are made within statutory deadlines
- Preparation and maintenance of detailed statutory and tax fixed asset registers
- Preparation and filing of key company secretarial documentation as necessary
- Assistance in the preparation of documentation and journals in connection with transfer pricing
- Assistance in the monthly US Gaap tax reporting
- Co-ordination and preparation of work in connection with tax audits
- Other ad-hoc project work as necessary
You'll be at least part qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) ideally with some experience of working with Oracle and experience with preparing statutory accounts and tax returns
It will also be important that you're as good with people as you are with numbers and you need to be fluent in Spanish or Italian.
You will be dynamic, energetic, have excellent planning skills alongside strong analytical, communication, organisational and time management skills and you will have advanced Excel and general Microsoft office skills.
If you think this is the role for you please apply on line or contact Lynsey Rattigan for more information
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75325468