£35,000 – 40,000
My client is a fast-paced automotive manufacturer with several sites across the UK. They employ over 600 people at their Coventry site, turnover £90 million per annum and have ambitious plans to grow to a £200 million company in the next five years.
The site manufactures bespoke metal structures for vehicles and supply to major blue-chip vehicle manufacturers. The company are receiving huge investment from new owners and are on a mission to create a proactive and controlled quality culture.
They currently employ 35 in their quality department and are currently in the market for both Quality Engineers and Supplier Quality Engineers for immediate vacancies.
The company has a fully integrated TS16949 quality management system and is on a journey to take their quality culture from reactive to proactive. Their inspirational Head of Quality has already led the team to big improvements in non-conformances and customer score card ratings.
As a Quality Engineer, you would be responsible for:
- Reviewing APQP, Process Control Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for current parts the company manufactures.
- 8D problem solving to identify areas that the process does not comply to the company’s quality standards.
- Putting corrective actions in place to close out any non-conformances for the process.
- Example issues could be parts being under/over checked, standard operating procedures not being followed, Control Plans not being complete or PSW documentation not being accurate. Your role is to identify the core issues and fix them.
- In time, you will also be involved in new product introduction and ensuring all quality processes are in place for new parts.
- You could also be involved in sharing the quality improvements you make with other areas in the group.
- As the company are growing so quickly there are excellent progression opportunities at site or within the group as they continue to grow.
To be successful in your application for this Quality Engineer’s role you will need:
- Experience within a quality engineering role in the automotive sector.
- A willingness to look at something and make it better.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in reviewing APQP, Process Control Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- £35,000 – 40,000
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent progression opportunities within the group.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75322693