Chassis Engineer Suspension Systems - 33630 - £2206/hr Ltd Co
Title: Chassis Engineer - Suspension Systems
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A Chassis Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract paying up to £22.06 per hour.
The successful candidate will work within the Suspension Systems Tuning Group. The Engineer will have responsibility for design and delivery to production of Air Valve Blocks for Air Suspension Systems. The candidate will:
- Develop design concepts using CAD and through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Manage Air Valve Block supplier to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and on site and record using the requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using internal systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
- Work with smartsheets to ensure components delivered on time and to target
Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets.Demonstrated competence at engineering drawings and CAD models.
Minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering delivery role.
Knowledge of Chassis systems
Effective communication and team working skills
CAD experience - Preferably V5 or V6
Knowledge of AIMS Systems preferred
Use of BOM Release Software (WERS)
Understanding of Engineering Quality principles, primarily DFMEA
If you are interested in this role please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, contact Lois Weston on 01384446119 or email .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75317922