We are currently recruiting a Quality Engineer post for a global tier 1 automotive manufacturer based at their site in the wider-Birmingham area. The role comes at an exciting time as the business has recently taken significant orders from one of their main OEM clients that has meant they need an additional Quality Engineer to help look after both new and existing product lines. The position will hold responsibility for taking initial customer concerns, identifying route cause through effective utilisation of 8d and FMEAs and, finally, putting in appropriate corrective actions. The opportunity will be particularly suitable for Quality Engineers who feel comfortable interfacing and taking ownership with and for their customer.
Our client is a global manufacturer with arms in a number of industrial manufacturing sectors. The automotive branch of the business, based in the West Midlands, has heavily invested in a newly automated production line which has helped them secure a number of long term agreements with a host of OEMs. With a quality-centric approach, they are now looking to expand their team with a highly competent Quality Engineer who will be comfortable liaising with customers and leading problem resolution activities.
- Responsible for PSW /PPAP /APQP systems and procedures
- Be first point of contact for OEM customers
- Tracking of PPMs for internal use
- Drive, track and run problem resolution teams to permanently close issues, utilising 8D
- Utilisation of root cause analysis techniques
- Policing 5s activities in quarantine and rejects area
- Work with wider team to drive process improvements
- Responsible for leading a team to a position where they can guarantee internal and external customers are satisfied with quality of product.
- Drive the quality management of components and assemblies for new projects; ensuring delivery to the correct quality, number and timescales.
- Background in automotive industry
- PSW / PPAP / APQP
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Competent with Root Cause Analysis and corrective action procedures
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- APQP, PFMEA competent
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; confident liaising with customers and internal business functions.
Salary from £30,000 - £35,000 DOE + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75309881