Competitive Benefits & Salary Package
About the company
Our client is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
The role of the Design Engineer:
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, predominantly focusing on new product design and ongoing product development, whilst also overseeing areas including research, prototyping, engineering documentation and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Design Engineer, but will closely collaborate with all business functions in the effective deliverance of all design projects under their responsibility.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer :
- Assume direct responsibility for the design and development of new products complimenting the Remote Control product range.
- Work closely with Sales, Service and Manufacturing departments on problem solving and product improvement.
- Upgrade product and reduce service failures whilst cost consulting marketing personnel.
- Work closely with Production Engineering and Manufacturing to improve manufacturability, assembly and serviceability of products.
- Focus on cost reduction initiatives in association with other departments across the business.
- Prepare engineering drawings in SolidWorks.
- Assist senior management with technical guidance where required.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with key customers and suppliers’ external to the organization.
- Create and record technical documentation relating to research, design, HSE and production for all projects.
Key Requirements of the Design Engineer:
- HND and above in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or hydraulic engineering.
- Experience with remote controlled machinery would be a distinct advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Agricultural background would be advantageous.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to integrate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT skills including windows based software.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Design Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75312604