Freelance Quantity Surveyor
I am seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on a new project in central Birmingham for an initial period of 12 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Commercial & Contractual
- Analysis of tender allowances
- The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
- Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
- Preparation of cost to complete
- Financial Reporting
- Cash management and maximisation
- Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
- Provision of standard reports
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build; as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have sound experience of working within a similar role previous.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as competitive pay rates.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75312946