Junior Merchandiser - Leisure
Merchandising is all about getting the right stock in the right stores at the right times. We make sure Sainsbury’s customers everywhere have the best opportunity to discover products they can fall in love with. This 12 months fixed term Junior Merchandiser vacancy is working within our Leisure category, so products in DIY, car care, sports, luggage and camping.
We’ll rely on you to prepare forecasts, update delivery schedules, and ensure orders are generated accurately. You’ll analyse customer profiling, so we can understand who is buying what, and what that means. And you’ll look at market data, so we can appreciate how we’re doing versus the competition. What’s more, as you grow we’ll give you the chance to become a champion of our online business, and play an important part in growing our business on the web.
Along the way, you’ll work with a whole range of people - from our Warehousing, Store and Buying teams, to our suppliers (some of which are in the far east). They’ll rely on you to answer their queries and provide the information that helps them make the right decisions - from how much stock to buy, to where it should be sent.
So what are we looking for? Merchandising experience is ideal. If this is in retail - even better! Some line management experience and you’ll be good with numbers, highly organised and comfortable thinking analytically. Crucially, you’re a team player with bags of confidence and great communication skills.
What I need to know
- Previous Merchandising experience required at a Junior merchandiser level
- Technical knowledge of merchandising & planning systems
- Ability to deliver results to target as an individual and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment
- Confidence to influence and engage, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communicator, presenter, and team player
- Product, market and customer knowledge