SISS System Design Engineer, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
Candidate must have technical understanding of:
- Integration with Station Management Systems.
- Security CCTV (IP).
- Customer Information Systems and Displays.
- Public Address, Voice Annoucers and Induction Loops.
- Operational Telephony.
- LAN Networks.
- Working as part of small, multi-skilled technical team, you will be responsible for undertaking all technical aspects of the preparation of telecommunications, delivery of design packages and implementation of system designs for the Mainline and Metro Rail markets.
- You will also be required to input into bid proposals and support technical leads.
- Rail experience an advantage.
- Responsible for the survey and design of telecoms systems, for implementation onto UK mainline rail and metro infrastructure.
- Responsible for the verification of designs against all contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the production of material and equipment lists to support subsequent build phases.
- Responsible for provided technical support to site based resource relating to installation and commissioning activities.
- Responsible for the production of Health and Safety File documentation.
- Responsible for the development of economical costed solutions from the analysis of Client tender documentaiton.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- HND / Degree Qualified
- Must be capable of attaining relevant permits to work on operational infrastructure e.g. PTS.
- The Engineer must be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and will be directly involved with the projects external stakeholders (both customers and suppliers) and the telent Rail delivery teams.
- Primarily office based the role will require works to be performed at client premises and site locations.
- Working pattern may include night-time and weekend shifts.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.