Community Nurse Specialist
I am working on behalf of a very reputable Complex Care Service provider that requires a new community nurse specialist to cover the Midlands and part of Wales delivering complex care.
Our client is a well-established and successful family run care company which has been delivering high quality care and support across England and Wales from 19 branches and 20 Extra Care Schemes since 2001.
They are looking for an enthusiastic highly skilled Community Nurse Specialist. They work across a wide range of client groups; therefore, the successful applicant will have a diverse Complex Care background, offering specialist support and advice to Support Workers, colleagues and clients. This role requires management of individual care packages and the staff team. Excellent communication skills are required as well as experience of delivering training or a willingness to work toward PTLLS qualification.
The role will involve travel over a large geographical area and being part of an on-call rota. You will be either based from an office near Tamworth or from home.
Reporting to the Head of Complex Care, working in our Complex Care division the role will involve:-
· Undertaking initial care assessments and clinical risk assessments.
· Ensuring a team of Support Workers are trained in conjunction with specific client care.
· Promoting client`s independence and encouraging positive risk taking.
· Ensuring the rights of client`s are upheld and always promoted in accordance with the principles of choice, respect, dignity and privacy.
· Ensuring that all issues relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults are reported according to policies and procedures.
· Maintaining and reviewing all client documentation in the service and at the CQC/CSSIW Registered Office.
· Developing training profiles for each Radis Complex Care client to support the education and development of Radis' Support Workers.
· Developing your own teaching skills and participate in staff education programmes.
· Providing advice and guidance as a 'Group Nurse' to the wider business.
· Registered General Nurse with an active Pin
· Ideally, experience of nursing complex care clients in a community setting
· Self-motivated, approachable and able to prioritise your own workload
· Full driving licence & own car
Salary & Benefits
· Highly competitive salary
· 25 days holiday plus statutory days
· Mileage allowance
· Company sick pay
· NEST Pension
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.