My client is seeking a payroll officer to join their payroll team on a 9 month fixed term contract.
The post holder shall:
- Work to strict deadlines to ensure payment to colleagues in a timely and accurate manner by processing of new colleagues, changes, leavers, timesheets and T&A files - calculation of all payments (e.g.: OSP, SSP, holiday, maternity entitlement, etc) and input of relevant data whilst adhering to and understanding Society procedures, rules and regulations.
- Processing of all relevant paperwork, forms and payments with regard to HMRC, pension providers and other third parties to ensure all Statutory deadlines are met whilst adhering to and understanding Statutory legislation.
- Provide business sensitive or management information to entitled colleagues where requested, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Be the first point of contact for an allocated group of colleagues and their managers for administration and general payroll queries, attending Area / District meetings and providing a polite and efficient service, reporting complaints and compliments to the Payroll Manager.
- Organise, prioritise and carry out administrative tasks to support the provision of a quality Payroll service, providing absence cover for other members of staff in the team to ensure excellent service at all times, and that all deadlines and service standards are met.
- Support the Payroll Manager and Systems and Payroll Supervisor in promoting a culture of customer service and innovation within the team and maintaining appropriate communication links with other departments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company Steering Wheel and DOES values and how these underpin provision of the Payroll administration service
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post, as required.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.