To procure a range of indirect categories and services in line with department objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and service levels from suppliers.
Our client is an instantly recognisable and leading Automotive organisation within the West Midlands.
- Provide purchasing / commercial knowledge to cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders and the wider business impact to confidently enter into total negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring you are up to date on market place commercial and technical developments.
- Understand and apply purchasing tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance to support project deliverable.
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business Best Practice initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
The ideal Indirect Buyer for this Automotive organisation based in the West Midlands would demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Strong negotiating skills and commercial acumen
- Ability to gain strong stakeholder relationships internally and externally
- CIPS or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong track record of year on year cost savings
- Outstanding record of supplier relationship management and process improvement
- Experience in categories such as Engineering, Logistics or Facilities Management beneficial
Available to candidates for £30,000 - £40,000 + benefits