Band 6 Domiciliary Physiotherapy - Worcestershire
ID Medical is looking for band 6 physiotherapist for an NHS position in Worcestershire. The ideal candidate will be a self- motivated team player with a well-rounded clinical background and past experience of lone working, delegation and supervision of assistants.
Clinical and Organisational
1. Be professionally and legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care. Ensure a very high standard of clinical care for the patients under your management and support junior staff to do likewise.
2. Communicate effectively with patients and carers to maximise rehabilitation potential and ensure understanding of condition.
3. Use communication tools (verbal and non-verbal) to gain informed consent from patients including where there are barriers to effective communication.
4. Assess capacity and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
5. Undertake the comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of patients including those with a highly complex presentation, using investigative and analytical skills. Formulate individualised management and treatment plans using clinical reasoning and utilise a wide range of treatment skills and options to deliver specialised programmes of care.
6. Demonstrate a sound understanding of clinical governance and risk management and apply to work situation.
7. Accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, to organise / triage this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
8. Be aware of Health and Safety aspects of your work and comply with any policies which may be required to maintain and improve the safety of your work area, including the prompt recording or reporting of incidents or accidents.
9. Actively participate in working parties within own area of speciality developing policy changes which will impact on service users.
10. Provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to relatives, carers and other professionals to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
11. Provide specialist advice to physiotherapy colleagues regarding this clinical area.
12. Provide specialist advice, teaching and training to other members of MDT regarding physiotherapy management of patients.
13. Train, supervise and performance-manage more junior staff, technical instructors, assistants and students. This will include the use of formal appraisal documentation.
14. Participate in recruitment and selection procedures.
15. Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
1. Maintain own continuing professional development and portfolio (CPD), also by keeping abreast of any new trends and developments and incorporate them as necessary into own work.
2. Assume responsibility to remain fit for practice within clinical area.
3. Be an active member of the in-service training programme, by attending and delivering presentations at staff meetings, tutorials, training sessions in house and by attending external courses and utilising reflective practise.
4. Communicate complex patient related information effectively to ensure collaborative working with MDT members across health, social services, private providers and other agencies, to enable the delivery of a co-ordinated multi-disciplinary service.
5. Participate in the staff appraisal scheme and personal development plan (PDP), as both appraiser and appraisee.
6. Undertake the measurement and evaluation of own work, and current practises through the use of Evidence Based Practice Projects, audit and outcome measures either individually or with Clinical Specialist, Team Leader or Manager. Make recommendations for change and initiate change where appropriate.
7. Commit to a philosophy of care which has an emphasis on self-management and client empowerment through undertaking health education and health promotion activities.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.