Senior EHS Advisor, Warwick/ Flexible Working Location
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Practical experience of advising on Environment and Health & Safety risks and controls for facilities, warehousing and offices.
- Strong working knowledge of EHS legislation and the practical application of requirements for compliance for facilities and estates management.
- Practical use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Document Management Systems.
- Experienced in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Track record of working with operational teams and delivering improvements.
- Experience in the management of contractors and knowledge of the relevant legislation (including CDM).
- Reporting to the QEHS Director, you will provide advisory and EHS support services to the Facilities and Estates and Operational site staff to ensure that telent's statutory obligations as owner, occupier and employer are fulfilled across our managed sites and premises. This will include the review and approval of third party contractors and their associated safe systems of work prior to works on site (inspection, maintenance and capital works/alterations).
- You will establish strong working relationships with the people responsible for delivering the responsibilities for premises management and the operations and activities therein to support an environment of continual improvement and world class safety and environmental performance.
- You will ensure that new regulations are effectively and promptly interpreted into procedures and process for compliance and support the implementation with appropriate guidance, briefing and training as necessary.
- telent operates premises across the UK and Ireland so you will need to have a flexible working arrangement and be willing to travel to the relevant sites when necessary for audit and compliance visits, as well as maintain strong team links through the use of webex and teleconferencing with the broader team.
- To provide expert Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) advice for the telent business in relation to premises management.
- To provide specialist advice to enable safe operating procedures to be implemented, which identify and take account of all relevant hazards and obligations with regard to legislation.
- To ensure effective interpretation and implementation of new E, H&S Regulations associated with premises (office/warehouse) operation and management and to support the development of appropriate procedures and ways of working.
- To design and deliver suitable awareness and skills development courses to support compliance with procedures, Client requirements and EHS standards and regulations.
- To carry out effective investigations and root cause analysis to enable the prevention of incidents and injuries
- Development of targeted EHS communications and awareness materials to support lessons learnt and change management.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Hazardous Substances, Asbestos, Working at Height.
- Support of a positive health and safety culture.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Recognised industry Health and Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH Diploma (minimum NEBOSH certificate).
- Recognised membership of IOSH.
- Recognised industry competency in Environmental Management e.g. AIEMA.
- Employs a systematic approach to planning and execution.
- Avoids major problems through anticipation and contingency planning.
- Keeps stakeholders informed and fully engaged in the process.
- Coordinates the efforts of contributors for timely and effective output/achievement.
- Committed to consultation and cooperation.
- Builds trusting relationships with customers, colleagues and team by consistently delivering on promises, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and presenting a balanced view.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Is a role model for high standards and Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental performance.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.