Senior Infrastructure Automation Specialist
The role is responsible for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions to meet business requirements and aligned to architectural strategy.
You love technology and have a strong background in implementing new infrastructure within medium-large enterprises. You also enjoy developing code and have made the leap to bring these two aspects together to automate the delivery of new infrastructure solutions, making it easy to deploy. You deliver by developing infrastructure-as-code, utilising delivery pipelines and tools such as Github to store and promote your code.
As CBS looks towards latest technology trends, you will be interested by the prospect that the delivery of infrastructure could be into private or public cloud and will have worked with cloud solutions such AWS.
Your technical background gives you a comprehension of network and security considerations and you have the ability to write efficient code to deploy either/both Windows and Linux based solutions through code.
CBS has Smarter Working Guidelines and Flexible working policies in place that allow for staff to adapt working hours and locations to help them achieve a strong work/life balance. This means we’re open to a conversation around how this role could work for youSenior Infrastructure Automation Specialist
- A strong technical background of designing and building Windows Server or Linux infrastructure solutions
- Previous public and private cloud experience, importantly including AWS
- Experience of automating infrastructure solutions
- Passion and experience to deliver infrastructure-as-code, utilising best practices and standards.
- Familiarity with Internet and Network protocols
- Coding or scripting, utilising languages such as Powershell, Linux shells, Python, Ruby etc
- Systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, delivery pipelines, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
- Exposure to Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Certified in AWS/Azure to Associate Level
- AWS & Security Architecture
- AWS AMI Creation
- Continuous evolution and Agile delivery
- Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and AppDynamics
- Knowledge of Enterprise level database solutions, such as Oracle and MS-SQL
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
What we offer:
- £39,489 - £59,235
- 23 day holidays
- Annual Bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75107868