IT Software Delivery Tools & Environments Manager
We are looking for an IT Software Delivery Tools & Environments Manager to lead the team that manages the CBS non-production environment estate and the associated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and implement the strategy for the Software Delivery & Environments Management service in line with technological & tooling changes, including a move towards Agile & DevOps.
- Co-ordinate the deployment of software and hardware changes, whilst ensuring stability and availability of environments to support the project portfolio.
- Provide day to day management & guidance to team members, ensuring the agreed policies, processes and standards for the team are monitored and reports compliance with internal standards.
- Ownership of software deployment tools used to manage source code and orchestrate deployment.
- Owns compliance with external regulatory authorities regards test data usage (DPA).
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A substantial proven background in environment management, with experience of team leadership
- Strong technical experience in industry standard software deployment tools
- Experience of delivering high quality reporting
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Departmental-level transformation experience within Environment Management is highly desirable
- Substantial experience of managing managers and teams of environment support analysts
- Deep technical knowledge of collaboration and software deployment tools such as GitHub, GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Environment Management processes and procedures
- A working knowledge of Windows, SQL and Unix servers is advantageous
- Strong technical awareness and knowledge of latest testing methodologies and tools
- Excellent planning and organising skills are necessary as the role often requires tasks to be prioritised, reprioritised and re-negotiated as unforeseen events occur.
- A good manager of people, with excellent communication skills at all levels internal and external to the department.
- Comprehensive people leadership / management skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Strong analytical mind-set with the ability to extract relevant information from documentation, system data, clients and colleagues and analyse the gathered information
- Maintenance and support of test environments considering future implications beyond the immediate requirement which may involve the creation of new approaches and procedures to design, maintain or solve environment issues
- Manage Test environment scheduling & resourcing.
What we offer:
- £52,223 - £78,335
- 25 days holidays
- Annual Bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75105385