Job Title: Logistics Procurement
Do you have experience working in freight forwarding? Do you have experience of freighting costs involving shipments from Far East, Indian Sub-Continent and/or USA? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a British leading company and a highly experienced team of people.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of market fluctuations in rates and charge.
- Negotiate and re-negotiate rates with carriers that are beneficial to customers.
- Provide quotations to customers, within short timescales, taking account of transit times, routes, and opportunities for minimising customer costs by utilising sharing between carriers.
- Maintain profit and loss data for all accounts.
- Requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective.
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager.
- Take ownership of own training and development so as to continuously improve and develop, including training new starters where required.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in freight forwarding including working for an independent.
- Experience of freighting costs involving shipments from Far East, Indian Sub-Continent and/or USA.
- Familiarity with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air.
- Experience of negotiating rates.
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- The ability to liaise with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
- A good awareness of spreadsheets and the ability to produce reports and use formulas to manipulate data.
- The ability to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
- International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers, and rail and air lines in other countries.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills.
- The drive to succeed and want to make a contribution to the business.
- Foreign languages would be an added advantage.
ACS are recruiting for a Logistics Procurement If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Logistics Procurement please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Logistics Procurement It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Logistics Procurement with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Logistics Procurement role you desire.