Power Electronics Design Engineer
We have the pleasure of working with a global power electronic solutions manufacturer based in Newcastle to source a Power Electronics Design Engineer. This will be a great opportunity for a talented engineer to join a growing organisation who operate on a Global scale.
This role is offering a great salary package, along with a generous relocation package to Newcastle for candidates based elsewhere in the UK and also candidates living abroad. The client also offer sponsorship for Non EU applications.
Newcastle has been recently recognised as a thriving tech sector of the North East of England, which has been rated higher than both London and Manchester. The North East has had a 25% growth in tech businesses in the past 5 years and this is predicted to continue to grow. Along with boasting a strong working industry, the North East is home to cultural quayside cities and beautiful North Sea beaches. You can discover cosmopolitan Newcastle and Gateshead museums and galleries for a dose of its Roman heritage, cross neon footbridges between redeveloped quays, or chant with the `Toon Army` at a Magpies football game - you'll soon feel like a true Geordie. Take a look at the following link if you`d like to find out more - things-to-do/tyne-and-wear.
- The Design Engineer will be responsible for the development, analysis and implementation of power electronics hardware and software solutions. Solutions must be in line with project requirements and must be tested and validated before implementation.
- Design solutions will be innovative, reliable and must be cost effective and delivered in a timely manner.
- Support the Lead Engineer regarding planning and testing and also work alongside testing and production teams in relation to implementation and design.
- Get involved with drawing, printed circuit board development and onsite installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Complete relevant documentation for project work and prepare materials for design reviews.
- Contribute towards improving design and engineering techniques.
- Work in line with the company`s Health and Safety policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Follow instructions given by senior staff and take part in training and development to improve technical knowledge.
- Our client is ideally looking for a driven and motivated candidate who has a PhD in a field related to Power Electronics.
- Along with a strong academic history, candidates will have design and test experience of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives.
- Candidates will have experience using simulation tools including Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience of working with rail, energy, defence and industrial power products would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of Power Electronics Design, Analogue and Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, System Simulation, Semiconductor Switching devices and thermal design, specification of electromagnetic assemblies.
- Knowledge of EMC and mitigation through design. Awareness of Embedded Systems and Control Engineering.
- Ideally, the engineer will have knowledge of microprocessor control, software development design of electromagnetic assemblies.
- Good communication and presentation skills are required, both written and verbal.
- Candidates will be highly motivated and will confidently coordinate with both internal and external parties.
This is a permanent position working a minimum of 37hrs per week, the role is offering a competitive salary with good company benefits, along with a great relocation package to Newcastle.
The person to contact for this role will be Tony Hutchinson, he can be contactable on .