Job Title: Import Operator
Do you have freight forwarder experience? Do you come from an import sea background? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company and become part of a highly experienced team of people.
- Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
- Negotiate and agree charges for all types of shipments.
- Ensure customs clearance documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Collect correct documentation and secure payment of cleared funds for COD accounts and Duty/VAT invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo.
- Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets.
The successful candidate must:
- Have relevant import experience.
- Have a clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated.
- Understand when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction.
- Be commercially aware and able to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
ACS are recruiting for an Import Operator If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Import Operator please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Import Operator It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Import Operator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Import Operator role you desire.