A large, international supplier of components to the automotive sector has recently promoted a number of staff and are looking for skilled candidates to fill their shoes. The Cost Estimator role will be hands on with APQP and design packages, including AutoCAD and Excel and be responsible for a large number of RFQ's. This is a secure company with progression available.
The Technical Cost Estimator role will require you to:
- Be involved with weekly APQP meetings
- Ensure smooth introduction of project parts into manufacturing plans
- Generate quotations based on recieved RFQ's
- Understand customer requirement suitability
- Attention to detail - evaluating and improving accuracy of data given to the customer
- Match quote packs to agreed terms of business with customers - regarding payment terms, deadlines etc
- Develop relationships to ensure opportunities are identified and acted on
As part of this large 1st and 2nd Tier automotive supplier, the Technical Cost Estimator will benefit from:
- Salary of £26,000 per annum
- Progression opportunities within the business
- Day shifts only, 8am - 5pm on Monday to Thursday and 8am to 1pm on Friday
- Plenty of learning and development facilities
- Job security with order book spread between a number of customers
As such the Technical Cost Estimator will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience using design packages, including AutoCAD
- Performs well under pressure, strong numeracy skills
- Able to build relationships with customers to assist sales opportunities
- Car owner, able to travel between multiple sites
To apply for this Technical Cost Estimator, please send your CV to the job immediately.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com