IT Technical Consultant
IT Technical Consultant
£28000 - £32000
This new and exciting role, IT Technical Consultant, involves Support, Maintenance and Guidance for the clients IT infrastructure and systems. This could be either onsite, on the cloud based offering or 3rd party hosted. You will be part of a team that is also responsible for supporting internal Application and Development teams in a technical capacity for the many services that are offered to clients, along with supporting internal systems and cloud services offerings.
The successful candidate with have experience with the following:
- Excellent customer relationship building skills
- The ability to quickly grasp technical issues and respond to customers in a clear and calm manner.
- Able to drive is essential, with your own car, as you will be consulting with clients on site and / or remotely. All expenses are covered in full.
- Helpdesk support from our offices
Initially the role will be working on the Technical Support desk; taking calls from clients, logging calls and responding inside contracted SLA times and getting to know the process, clients, and how the business works. Thereafter, the consultancy role with customers is for scheduled/ad-hoc site visits for Network, PC, Server support, installations and IT Projects.
Skills in the following areas are ideal:
- Windows Server: 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016
- Windows Desktop: Win7/Win8/Win10
- Server: MS Exchange versions (not essential), SQL Management (essential), Remote Desktop Services, Citrix (not essential)
- Virtualisation - Hyper-V / VMWare
- Backup Solutions - BackupExec, Veeam
- Microsoft Office 365 - Exchange Online, MS Office, OneDrive, Sharepoint Online
- General Networking
o Router/Firewall troubleshooting & configuration
o VPN Management
o TCP/IP (IP, DHCP, DNS)
o Switches - VLANs, Stacking, Advanced routing
o Patch Management
o Security conscious - Group Policy Management,
- Hardware - Server & Storage
o Understanding of RAID levels
o OS Deployment - Standard Windows Serer technologies & Hyper-V
- Anti-Virus Server / client roll-out, and troubleshooting virus infections
- Fault finding / troubleshooting skills (both remote and customer facing)
Standard hours are 37.5 per week between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. There is also the requirement to join the 24/7 out-of-hours support team (on call if alerted ONLY not a manned desk). This is a rota shared between the Technical team for supporting the Cloud platform; covering for a week at a time and rotating every 5 weeks. Plus 30 to 35 days annual leave, pension, health and free parking.