A specialist workwear company are recruiting an experienced FREIGHT MANAGER to work from their BIRMINGHAM office.
The client has, for more than 20 years, been supplying inspirational corporate wear, workwear and staff uniforms across multiple market sectors. The company can now boast a wearer base in excess of 350,000, shipping high quality staff uniforms and corporate wear across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
You will be a highly motivated and tenacious Freight Manager with experience in multi model import and export solutions. Experience exporting raw materials to China, Bangladesh and Ethiopia and importing finished goods to the UK would be preferred
The Freight Manager will be responsible for-
* The inbound supply chain from manufacturer to delivery location
* The outbound exports to overseas ICW client locations
* Intercontinental raw material shipments.
* Managing the relationship(s) with nominated freight providers ensuring that the most efficient and effective approach is adopted bringing a positive impact to cost and operations
* In conjunction with the Stock Management Team, management of all ICW raw materials and inbound finished product freight
* In conjunction with the Commercial Team, management of ICWs overseas client deliveries
* Track and report on the progress of ongoing freight
* Direct management of all freight providers
* Regular benchmarking of; freight rates (and all on costs), additional service offerings/opportunities and carbon footprint reduction
* Creation, management and analysis of a freight capacity maximization methodology and tool
* Analysing and maintaining cost transparency on freight from manufacturer(s) to delivery location(s)
* Conduct monthly freight provider KPI reviews and management of any CAs
* Identifying potential cost reduction(s) and generation of action plans for implementation
* Challenge freight provider(s) to identify efficiencies and action plans for implementation
* Ensure the system reflects accurate delivery information.
* Problem invoice resolution.
* Highlight any exceptions/problems to the relevant Supply Chain Analyst/Stock Manager/relevant member of the Commercial Team.