Material Planner - Fantastic firm & environment
Are you an experienced Material Planner seeking to work for an inspiring and innovative firm who are focused on developing their people as much as their world-leading products? Do you want to join a team (and indeed company) who actively encourage creativity, initiative and new ideas?
If so, and you have excellent communication skills and a working knowledge of an MRP system and Microsoft Excel, the role of Material Planner for this Global Manufacturer of cutting-edge components could prove a fantastic next-step for you.
As a Material Planner you will be responsible for the control of production schedules on a shop floor area, ensuring inventory is at it's optimum level and customer requirements are delivered. You will communicate any significant supply issues and take appropriate action to resolve them.
In addition, you will receive training in Lean techniques and will be expected to implement these in your area of shop floor control.
This role will require interaction with all departments within the company so we are seeking someone with excellent communication skills and who is able to overcome resistance and gain the buy in of the key stakeholders. You will also need to be a very reactive person, who is able to use their own initiative, think on their feet and come up with effective solutions, in order to resolve issues which could have a direct impact on customer delivery.
- A degree (or apprentice trained) in a business, engineering or operations related subject would be advantageous
- Knowledge (and preferably experience) in Lean, MRP, Kanban and other Modern manufacturing techniques
- Competent in the use of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
In return for your skills and diligence, you will receive:
- The opportunity to join a world-leading firm who are at the very forefront of their industry
- A supportive and inspiring internal culture with a focus on respect, creativity and helping you to fulfil your full potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Solid opportunities for progression
- Fantastic physical working environment
Please note that this position is based just off the M54 and not in the centre of Wolverhampton, although there are good public transport links to the i54 business park where the company are situated.