Corporate Tax - Assistant Manager, Grant Thornton, Birmingham
An Assistant Manager seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant work area and should know when to seek advice from the Senior Managers with the Corporate Tax division, here at Colmore Plaza
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Seeks to participate in business development opportunity and works with partners and managers to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally.
• Engenders trust and respect from the client by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines.
• Is actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries.
• Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
• Responsible for planning and performing tax consultancy assignments.
• Provides general support to clients in the provision of tax advice.
• Reviews tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensures the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
• Supports managers on tax planning and other ad hoc projects.
Client take-on / risk management
• Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of client take-on and keeps partners and managers informed of progress on each job.
• Mitigates risks by involvement of senior team members and ensures appropriate advice is sought takes steps to minimise professional risk, including the appropriate documentation ofservices provided.
• Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant area of work.
• Seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
• Mentors and coaches executives and builds the respect of peers and subordinates.
• Assists colleagues by openly sharing knowledge.
• Actively seeks opportunities to attend workshops, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house development opportunities.
• Inputs to all assignment performance reviews for junior team members, and also completes self job evaluation, annual and bi-annual performance reviews on a timely basis.
Operations and results
• Monitors own time incurred and undertakes analysis as directed.
• Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
• Monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate.
• Meets own financial targets set.