Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK
Reports to: UK Managing Director and CEO
Welcome to Palmer Hargreaves. We're an independently owned, full-service, integrated marketing communications agency, established 33 years ago. Since then we've grown to over 150 PH'ers in our offices in the UK, Germany, Russia and China. From our UK base in lovely Leamington Spa, we work in around 60 countries. We're really good in complex global B2B markets, particularly automotive, agriculture, manufacturing and electronics. From strategy to content, creative and digital, we work for international brands like ABB, AGCO, Bayer, Deutsche Telekom, Ford, Henkel, Jaguar Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz.
We're brilliant at solving and delivering big, ambitious, global, multi-language/multi-cultural projects. We love complexity. The harder the problem; no worries, the more we like it.
We sum up what we do in two words; Complex.Solved
We love to have fun, have great ideas, do amazing work, learn new stuff,do new and interesting things, grow great people and give thembrilliant careers. Sometimes eat cake. We stand for the well-being of our people, always. For curiosity andcreativity. For perseverance, resilience and 'grit' (we're tough, we'renot easily put off!).
If that sounds like you and you'd like to help us grow our business, we've love to talk.
Are you able to facilitate the smooth running of our Leamington Spa office and support our senior management team? We are looking for someone with a can do attitude to fill the role of Executive Assistant/ Executive Office Manager /Office Manager
The role is a wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in the agency and have a varied role where you can truly make an impact.
- Facilitate in house HR support covering recruitment, on boarding of new starters and management of day to day HR tasks (holiday approval/absence) with the support of our outsourced HR Specialist Advisors.
- Responsible for running of the UK office from stock orders, couriers, Mitel phone system, organising in-house events, managing building suppliers (such as electricity/gas/recycling/hygiene/water/cleaners/franking machine/coffee machine/window cleaners) and general building and administrative tasks.
- A general understanding of IT would be a great advantage - adding printers/setting up outlook email accounts, however we are supported by an external IT support provider.
- International Travel arrangements, largely Europe based but will also include Russia and China travel. Proactive itinerary planning, researching and considering reasonable alternative cost effective travel. Knowledge of time zones and best means of travel between multinational locations. Experience of visa processes, flight paths, hotel credit card authorisations, API's, foreign currency ordering.
- Collate and process expenses including foreign currency and reconcile credit card/bank statements with receipts.
- Provide comprehensive diary management and make decisions using initiative to resolve conflicts and exercise judgment on priorities. Experience of conference call technology such as Skype, Webex, Loop up and BT Conferencing is required.
- To collate monthly reports for board circulation and to record and prepare meeting minutes.
- The confidence to engage with senior/high profile contacts and clients and their teams and ability to build relationships across diverse teams both locally and globally.
- The ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems.
- Ideal candidate will be resilient, and able to juggle a busy workload with an often conflicting workload. Someone with a supportive and adaptable attitude.
We are really looking for someone to come on board with a truly can do attitude who is willing to think on their feet as it is not always predictable as to what the day to day tasks will be. The person will contribute to the development of the PH Culture and the way that we are easy people to work with.