Assistant Brand Manager
BVG Group is a mail order, e-commerce and distribution business operating 12 successful brands across a broad range of markets including Home and Garden, Shoe and Clothing, Sports Nutrition, Home Electrical sectors. We employ a team of over 500, ship four million orders a year and are forecast to generate annual sales of GBP138m this year. We are growing quickly and sales are forecast to reach GBP200m within three years. Our multi-channel routes to market encompass on and offline including high profile national newspaper reader offer advertisements, through direct mailed catalogues and online platforms including Groupon and Amazon. This is a fast paced and unique retail environment, reaching out to millions of consumers each week.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Brand Manager in our Samuel Windsor team. This is a men's shoe and clothing brand aimed at the 40+ demographic, current annual turnover of GBP15m.
Based at the Brecon Headquarters responsibilities include working alongside the Brand Manager on these key activities:
- Manage the full print and design process for monthly UK and US mailing catalogues, to include comprehensive yield analysis of historical results, preparation of mailing data and detailed proofing.
- Point of contact in charge of all aspects of the day-to-day running of the brand.
- Schedule, book, proof and sign off all classified newspaper and magazine adverts.
- Take full responsibility for promotional and behavioural eshot activity including design, content and managing the relationship with our external digital supplier.
- Liaise with creative agencies to plan, organise and deliver biannual photoshoots in UK and overseas.
- Managing relationships with all third-party suppliers, to include postage, product despatch, prospecting and catalogue data, eshots, inserts and advertising.
- Organise and assist theseasonal shoe and apparel buying and range planning, including volumes, designs and delivering against the critical path.
- Provide the lead on website design visuals and content.
- Manage the design process for our newspaper inserts in the UK and Eire.
- Monitoring sales performance against monthly and annual budgets.
- Monitoring stock sell through against monthly and seasonal targets.
- Oversee Google PPC and shopping campaigns, as well as web display advertising activity, eBay and Amazon stores in the UK and US markets.
Ideally of graduate calibre the candidate will have gained solid commercial skills working in a fast-paced business environment.
The ability to think out of the box, be organised and self-motivated, be accustomed to leading by example and taking initiative are all essential. The candidate should enjoy working under pressure, have first-rate written and oral communication skills and have excellent attention to detail.
The candidate requires strong analytical skills with data-driven thinking, and be comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets.