Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
Company Fusion Limited are working with a group of consulting engineers who provide a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join their busy office in Leamington Spa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 23 days per annum
- Life Insurance, Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Staff Discounts after probationary period.
- Opportunities to progress to senior levels within the practice.
Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage significant infrastructure projects from technical design and detailing through to implementation in housing, commercial and industrial developments.
- Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S38 and S278 for highways and S104, S106 and S98 etc. for sewerage.
- Preparation of private drainage layouts, external levels, geometric setting out, and construction details etc. for residential, commercial and industrial schemes for NHBC or Building Regulation approval.
- Drawings to be produced using AutoCad Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles etc.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities etc.
- Undertake site inspections.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferred: Class 2:1 Degree in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body. However, applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in Civil Consulting Engineering working to UK standards.
- Use of Auto Cad Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75306761