Monday to Friday Hours 08:00 to 16:30
Working closely with the Operations Managers, drivers and the payroll function. This is a challenging role which ensures that a first class service is provided to both our internal and external customers. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate high levels of initiative, forward thinking and planning.
- Driver wages checked, administered and file prepared for payroll on time.
- Drivers daily timesheets input into database.
- Collation and input of drivers expenses.
- Raise purchase orders.
- Administration of drivers working hours including tachograph.
- Answering incoming calls and dealing with internal and external queries.
- All other duties that relate to the efficient running of the administration transport & payroll function between Operator and our customer.
- Produce monthly payroll file along with summary sheets for each driver.
- Reconcile Km's driven each week.
- Raising of invoices.
- Liaise closely with our drivers.
- Ensuring that key performance indicator information is provided on time and in full.
- The successful candidate will have significant administration experience preferably in the transport sector. Emphasis is on being able to demonstrate first class admin skills and the aptitude to build and sustain relationships with all levels of the business.
- Must be excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good impact and influencing skills.
- Good understanding of aspects of multi-modal logistics operations with particular focus on chemical and petro-chemical sectors.
Skills and Competencies
Candidates will have a broad range of skills and attributes, including:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a relationship builder and a strong communicator.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Attention to detail
- Good motivator and coordinator.
- Good understanding of operations.
- Learns quickly, able to develop a good knowledge of the organisation and its people.
We are transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible staff.
How to apply
Please apply now via the job site, email cv and covering letter