Design Engineer- Mechanical- Machinery- Staffs up to £38k ben
Design Engineer- Mechanical- Machinery- Staffs up to £38k + bens
Our Client a Global based Manufacturer require a Mechanical Designer to design and develop cost effective products to meet the ever changing demands of our clients.
Responsibilities as a Design and Development engineer:
- Liaise with suppliers and colleagues to develop solutions for a variety of standard product ranges.
- Produce CAD drawings, 3D models, Bills of Material and technical documentation.
- Provide a practical approach to design and product applications to meet diverse engineering demands.
- Overseeing of prototype builds, liaising with Production staff.
- Achieve demanding project timescales and cost targets.
- Planning and overseeing thermal and acoustic prototype trials.
- Carry out calculations and analyses in relation to the applied mechanical, thermos-fluid and dynamic aspects.
- Carry out calculations and analyses in acoustics and noise control.
The following is essential for candidates:
- HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical engineering or a closely allied discipline.
- 2-5 years experience in the use of 2D AutoCAD and SolidWorks (or similar 3D modelling) with an emphasis on design and application.
- An appreciation of the mechanical, dynamic and thermos-fluid principles associated with power generation products and their applications as well as associated systems and equipment.
- An understanding of the principles of noise measurement, evaluation and control.
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical applications design in power generation or a closely related field.
- Occasional UK and international travel on company business.
- Flexibility in terms of work hours as required from time to time.
Additionally, the following would be desirable from candidates:
- A working knowledge of electrical power principles.
- Accomplished in the use of the MS program suit.
- An appreciation of the electrical principles of power generation.
- A background in engine applications, plant installation design or building services.
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
- Support for continuous career development.
- Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
- Discounted health and dental care schemes.
- Sports facilities.
For more information please contact Gemma Skidmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75294642