Supply Chain Account Director
The leading provider of freight forwarding and supply chain management services seeks to appoint a Supply Chain Account Director. You will manage and drive the relationship with a major customer, collaborating with and marshalling senior stakeholders to assign relevant resources and focus on supply chain initiatives.
The successful applicant will have operated in a supply chain services function at a senior level. This must include exposure to large scale retail customers receiving complex end to end order management services rather than traditional / basic freight forwarding cargo management.
- Build, manage and develop relationships with key client stakeholders across all relevant functions
- Understand the client’s business and help to shape the supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with the client to improve service levels, reduce cost and add value in the supply chain whilst meeting clients objectives.
- Drive specific initiatives and ensure value generated is identified and tracked
- Lead a customer service team to ensure a high level of service
- Own and run QBRs and other developmental meetings
- Ownership of contract P&L and commercial relationship
- Be the ambassador for the client internally and harness the global network capability to deliver the best supply chain experience for the customer
- Considerable experience in international Supply Chain Management / end to end order management / supply chain visibility
- Extensive background in sea freight, solution development and direct sourcing
- Previous experience in a senior level account management or general management function
- Strong retail industry knowledge
- Experience of working with large, complex retail organisations
- Staff management
- Stakeholder management / presentation skills / commercially astute / credible / gravitas
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Hands on when needed
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary in the £60 - £70,000 range plus a generous car allowance, sizeable bonus, private healthcare and pension.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.