QA Analyst (UI)
MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are looking to recruit a QA Analyst to join our IT Development team. Reporting to the Senior QA Analyst, you will be responsible for UI elements of the website ensuring a consistently high level of quality and testing code and content. Working alongside BA's, technical leads and testers to create and review stories and features.
Main duties will include:
- Testing and improving the website and web content by ensuring we have 100% automated test coverage
- Collaborating with the e-Commerce team to optimise the website and improve usability throughout the customer journey
- Ensuring that QA UI standards and principles are followed by performing peer reviews of the tests and acceptance criteria
- Improving the QA of the website and identify any functional, technical or performance problems providing suggestions for improvements
- Following best practices and standards for accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Ensuring that the Agile Software Development Life Cycle is followed
- Ensuring progress is measured and reported in a timely fashion
- Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Improving, sharing and retaining critical in-depth knowledge of the systems developed and maintained by MandM, such as the Website and all supporting services.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Demonstrable expertise in devising then executing QA processes, tools and techniques Expertise in the use of automated test tools including load, stress and performance testing plus script automation
- Experience of retail, preferably e-Commerce and/or multi channel and an understanding of the technologies and associated issues in this environment
- An experience of working within different development methodologies incl. Agile, waterfall etc. and the role that testing plays in each of them
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and an entrepreneurial style, not afraid to challenge to ensure quality delivery
- Flexible in approach and neither dogmatic nor bureaucratic when deploying QA disciplines into an inexperienced business
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Experience of testing in a cloud infrastructure preferably using Google Cloud Services would be desirable.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and will be based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.