Production Manager / Controller
Production Manager / Controller
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
About the company:
Our client is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, our client offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
The role of the Production Manager / Controller:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the manufacturing of product. Organises and maintains production schedules and coordinates flow of material and labour through the department. Ensures product is manufactured to engineering specifications with quality, cost objectives and scheduled dates a priority. Ensures department meets established HSE standards.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager / Controller
- Requisitions materials, dies and fixtures required to meet production. Coordinates flow of material through department. Ensures work orders and material transactions are accurate and complete.
- Prioritizes and assigns work orders. Works closely with production planning and control.
- Inspects work to ensure accuracy to specifications. Directs routings of rejects and rework. Investigates and determines causes of defects and takes corrective action.
- Monitors backlog problems, work order flow, and bottleneck problems.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment, quality, working conditions and efficiency. Assists employees with work related problems.
- Maintains time and attender system and production records. Analyses departmental production performance.
- Examines defective machinery to determine causes of malfunction. Identifies and requests repairs.
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day people management including performance reviews, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Conducts and monitors training programmes and department meetings.
- Identify and enforce department HSE and housekeeping rules including full accident investigations.
- May train workers in operation and safety of equipment and machines.
Key Requirements of the Production Manager / Controller:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in mechanical, production engineering preferred. Experience of managing a production department and team.
- Working knowledge/experience of manufacturing environment. Able to interpret specifications, engineering drawings and BOM.
- Experienced in using an integrated ERP system (JDE Experience preferred), with good working knowledge of MRP, barcode scanners for inventory, cycle counting, and works order management.
- Good understanding of Finishing plant operations component preparation, both wet and powder application
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good human relations skills.
- Good leadership skills; able to problem solve, persuade and motivate.
- Good coordination skills, able to plan, prioritize and organize various activities.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines/production schedules.
- Physically capable of standing/working 8+ hour shift(s).
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Production Manager / Controller role is right for you then please apply today!