Senior Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting a newly-created Senior Quality Engineer opportunity for a global tier 1 automotive manufacturer based at their West Midlands site. The role comes at an exciting time as the business has recently taken significant orders from one of their main OEM clients that has meant they need an additional Senior Quality Engineer to help look after both new and existing product lines. The position will hold responsibility for taking initial customer concerns, identifying route cause through effective utilisation of 8d and FMEAs and, finally, putting in appropriate corrective actions.
Our client is a global manufacturer with arms in a number of industrial manufacturing sectors. The automotive branch of the business, based in the West Midlands, has heavily invested in a newly automated production line which has helped them secure a number of long term agreements with a host of OEMs. With a quality-centric approach, they are now looking to expand their team with a highly competent Senior Quality Engineer who will be comfortable liaising with customers and leading problem resolution activities.
- Responsible for PSW /PPAP /APQP systems and procedures
- Be first point of contact for OEM customers
- Tracking of PPMs for internal use
- Drive, track and run problem resolution teams to permanently close issues, utilising 8D
- Work closely with production and maintenance to perform and close out 8ds
- Utilisation of root cause analysis techniques
- Policing 5s activities in quarantine and rejects area
- Work with wider team to drive process improvements
- Responsible for leading a team to a position where they can guarantee internal and external customers are satisfied with quality of product.
- Promotion and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Drive the quality management of components and assemblies for new projects; ensuring delivery to the correct quality, number and timescales.
- Collate, produce and manage internal KPIs
- Fully competent with PSW / PPAP / APQP
- Background in automotive industry, preferrably supplying into JLR/ BMW/ Honda/ Nissan
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Competent with Root Cause Analysis and corrective action procedures
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- APQP, PFMEA
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; confident liaising with customers and internal business functions.
Salary between £35000-£40000 + package depending on experience